ETABS is an abbreviation for Extended Three-Dimensional Analysis of Building system. It is an engineering software that is used to analyze the architectural design of construction projects using mathematical models. For civil and structural engineers ETABS training can help them improve on existing knowledge and also add new skills to their repertoire. Arabian Infotech offers training programs of 5-week duration for executives who wish to undergo ETABS training in Qatar. All major topics including structural engineering analysis, building designing and modeling are covered in our curriculum. Our classes are available throughout the week and students can choose to come in either or weekdays or weekends based on their convenience.
Our training program has been meticulously scheduled so as to ensure that our students have a complete understanding of the ETABS software and its applications. The course will help engineers understand the various procedures and analysis aspects of building designs.
ETABS Courses Topics
Our course covers in detail the modeling, designing and structural analysis of high-rise building. Mentioned below is an overview of our ETABS program and the various topics that are covered.
Building & Modeling
- Creating different building structures
- Checking the force/Reaction
- Influence Area Method
- Comparing the reaction with SAFE software
- Assigning the Diaphragm – Wind force (BS/ACI)
- Assigning the Load cases (BS/ACI)
- Assigning the Seismic force (UBC 97)
- Assigning the Modulus of Elasticity (BS/ACI)
Structural Engineering Analysis
- Assigning the load combination (BS/ACI & UBC 97)
- Construction sequence analysis
- Response spectrum analysis
- P-Delta Analysis
- Stress & Failure analysis
- Time period calculation
- Calculate the displacement due to wind
ETABS Building Design
- Column Design (BS/ACI)
- Wall Design
- Beam Design
- Extracting the Reinforcement details from ETABS.
- Extracting the stresses due to temperature
- Understanding the placement of reinforcement.
ETABS Training with Arabian InfoTech
As the leading training institute in Qatar , Arabian InfoTech employs a team of expert instructors who are proficient with the software. Our team of tutors and consultants keep a keen eye on the progress of each student and provide them with all the necessary help throughout the duration of the course.
Unlike the ETABS software, SAFE Models is used only for the analysis and design of substructures such as foundations, slabs etc. SAFE includes all the necessary aspects of civil engineering design under one roofing. Arabian Infotech offers training in SAFE software for both working professionals and students. The various topics we cover during our program includes:
- Creating different kind of slab shapes with respect to Architecture.
- Importing the DXF file from AUTOCAD
- Assigning the load cases
- Modeling the foundations
- Assigning the load combination (BS/ACI & UBI 97)
- Assigning the subgrade modulus of raft foundation.
- Assigning the vertical & horizontal spring constant of Pile foundation.
- Extracting the reaction from structural 3D model.
- Analyzing the foundation
- Designing the suspended slab and reinforcement
- Designing the beams and extracting the reinforcement
- Modeling the reinforcement strips
- Understanding the placement of reinforcement (Slab & Beam)
- Understanding the placement of reinforcement of foundation
- Checking the soil pressure of foundation
- Checking the deflection of slabs
- Calculating the modulus of ruptures.
One of the benefits I received by undertaking my ETABS training with Arabian Infotech is that I was able to learn at my own pace. The classes were well thought out and the faculty were exceptional to say the least.
Learning with Arabian Infotech has been truly enriching experience. The classes were punctual, and the method of teaching makes it extremely easy to understand the topic at hand.