A quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
A quantity surveyor analyzes all building and civil engineering project related expenditures and aims to minimize them. From the start to the end of the project, the surveyor tries to make the most of the money. They ensure that while doing so, the quality and standards of the project are maintained. There are several regulations for buildings that need to be followed, which will be followed by the Quantity surveyor.
A quantity surveyor can work on site, or at their desks; for the builder or an individual. They supervise the project from scratch and prepare an estimation of costs involved. Throughout the project, they keep track of any changes in the agreement that may affect the final costs. They ensure a profit at the end of the project.
- Administration of contract.
- Insurance, Guarantee, and Bond.
- Contract documentation – understanding the Traditional contract, specifications.
- Contract Administration – Payment and Changing the contract.
- Selecting a contractor.
- Cost control pre contract.
- Tender procedures & general estimation principles.
- Components influencing the cost of buildings.