Prokon & STAAD Pro are tools that are major necessities in civil or structural industries, to draw and survey all sorts of building structures. STAAD is not restricted to a particular construction unit, or a building type – it can be used for a wide range of structures for easy designing.
STAAD Pro makes engineers’ work automated and less time consuming. Unlike manual designing, which takes hours, STAAD Pro helps you design structures in the nick of time. The latest version of STAAD Pro, STAAD Pro V8i has more features and capabilities. Arabian Info Tech offers an extensive course which gives you a pathway to understanding the software. Our training courses are easy on your budget and being certified is assured to open several doors to a new career.
Importance of Staad Pro. & Prokon
STAAD bro has several features that makes modelling easier for designing a plethora of structures. The interface is easy to use, and the results are more accurate than designing done manually. Construction and engineering firms use STAAD for all their drawing needs.
Our training aims to help students get a detailed understanding of using the STAAD Pro software for designing and survey of structures. Our curriculum is industry oriented and focusses on teaching all the features, including the interface of the software, visualization tools, design and survey engines. All of these include the advanced finite element (AFE).
- To design steel structures with various codes including ACI, UBC and BS.
- To design different foundations and isolated footing.
- To compare the codal provisions versus actual program drift.
- Extraction of base reaction from a 3D structure model.
- Application of moments on structural steel elements.
- To extract diagrammatic bending moment and shear force from 3D steel structural model.
- How to analyze a model.
- To understand the use of Plane and Frame analysis.
- To model Truss – 2D frame and 3D Frame analysis Using STAAD editor.
- Extraction of shear force and bending moment from structural elements.
- To assign different types of support.
- To assign various steel section sizes based on design requirements.
- To assign various load combinations (ultimate and service) based on BS, ACI and UBC.
- To assign different types of loads.
- To understand the codal requirements of imposed loads based on architectural disciplines.
- To understand the application of wind force (upward and downward) and seismic force.
- To understand the load combination as per British and American.
- To model and create 3D structural model of tie beam (concrete structure).
- To understand the load combination based on UBC code.
- To understand moment release on beams and floating columns.
- To understand the design parameters before running an analysis.
- To understand the difference between an indeterminate structure and a statistically determinate structure.
- To use the shortcut tool to check the model of the steel structure.
- To model steel or concrete plate.
- To add a mezzanine floor in 3D steel structural model.
- To model ware houses and office buildings (steel structures).
- To model mono pitch roof.